Who doesn't love a good waffle! I add my own twist with the banana and whole wheat to make this waffle a healthier take on your childhood waffles you ate every weekend! Top with more fruit or syrup and it is de-lish!
2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
Dash of Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
• 2 Room Temperature Eggs
• 2 tbsp Canola or Veg oil
• 3/4 cup 2% Milk
• 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
• 2-3 Bananas (depending on size) smashed
1. Preheat oven to 300°F
2. Combine all your dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside
3. Whisk together all wet ingredients in another bowl.
4. Once combined add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mixing until just combined. You do not want to over-mix the batter.
5. Fold in pecans if using
6. Heat waffle iron. I use a Belgium waffle iron for this recipe but you could use any waffle iron you have on hand.
7. Once ready, grease iron with cooking spray or butter. Scoop batter into the middle of the iron and close. All irons are different but mine takes around 4 minutes per Belgium waffle. If your waffle iron is thinner your waffle will cook faster.
8. You can always open the iron and look after 2-3 minutes. You want your waffle to be fluffy and golden brown.
9. You can keep waffles warm in the oven at 300 degrees while you make up the rest
10. I top mine with sliced bananas, pecans, maple syrup, and whipped cream
1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped