Dish up this sweet and rich whoopie pie for your honey this Valentine’s day, or any day! Because let’s face it, any day can be Valentine’s day!
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Large egg room temp
3/4 cup of Buttermilk
2 cups Flour
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Dash of Salt
Red Food Coloring
• 8 oz Cream Cheese softened at room temp
• 3 tbsp butter softened at room temp
• 2 tsp Vanilla
• 2 1/2 cups of Powder Sugar
• 2 tbsp of Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Using a piece of parchment paper trace out hearts using a 2 1/2” (or whatever size you have) heart cookie cutter. You should be able to get 12-15 on one sheet. You’ll want to make sure you measure your paper to fit well onto your cookie sheet. Turn parchment paper over.
3. Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
4. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment begin by creaming together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy
5. Add the egg until fully incorporated. You may need to scrap the sides of the bowl once.
6. Add the vanilla and buttermilk until combined.
7. Add the flour mixture and beat until the ingredients are just combined
8. Add desired amount of food coloring
9. Fill pipping bag fitted with a 1” tip with whoopie pie batter.
10. Using the pre-traced hearts pipe a “V” inside of them. The batter will spread and create a heart. Remember these are homemade so they do not have to be perfect. If you do not want to make hearts simple just pipe 1-2 tbsp of batter onto the tray in a circle.